Admissions Resume at Hogarth Riverview Manor
St. Joseph’s Care Group is pleased to announce that admissions to Hogarth Riverview Manor will resume on Monday, January 23, 2017.
In November of 2016, Hogarth Riverview Manor (HRM) was ordered by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care to temporarily cease admissions. A plan was developed to satisfy the terms of the order and restore admissions. There are more than 400 staff at HRM who have all worked very hard to make the required changes to improve the way that care and services are delivered.
According to Buckler, involving our residents and their families in these changes is one way that we have been able to be successful: “Our residents are the reason we exist, and it was with their support and understanding that we were able to make the changes so quickly.” She also recognized staff for their commitment to learning and always striving to do better for our residents.
St. Joseph’s Care Group extends appreciation to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, the North West Local Health Integration Network, and our health system partners including the North West Community Care Access Centre and Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre for their support, understanding and partnership.
- St. Joseph's Care Group is operated by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Sault Ste. Marie, sponsored by the Catholic Health Corporation of Ontario and managed by a local volunteer Board of Directors.
- Hogarth Riverview Manor, owned and operated by St. Joseph’s Care Group, is one of the largest long-term care homes in Ontario.
- In January 2016, Hogarth Riverview Manor expanded from a 96-bed home to a 416-bed home.
- St. Joseph’s Care Group offers a full spectrum of senior living from supportive housing through to long-term care.
- St. Joseph’s Care Group provides services in Addictions & Mental Health, Rehabilitative Care & Chronic Disease Management, and Seniors’ Health to the residents of Northwestern Ontario.
Kim Callaghan, Director of Communications, Engagement & Client Relations