Become a Volunteer
To become a volunteer at St. Joseph's Care Group, candidates must meet the following criteria
- Complete an application package (includes an application form and 2 written reference forms). Packages can be picked up from one of our sites
- St. Joseph's Hospital
- St. Joseph's Heritage
- Hogarth Riverview Manor
- Lakehead Psychiatric Hospital
- ... or online below
- Once the completed forms are returned to Volunteer Services, the Coordinator of Volunteer Services will contact you to arrange a personal interview.
- A commitment of at least 3 months is required.
- If under the age of 16, a parental consent form must be signed.
- Long-term care volunteers are required to provide a criminal reference check.
Upon successful acceptance, volunteers are expected to
- Attend a mandatory Volunteer Services orientation session.
- Attend a health assessment interview with the Occupational Health Nurse (a TB skin test may be required).
- Participate in training and orientation to the position provided by staff.