Patient Safety Tips
As part of its commitment to patient safety, the Ontario Hospital Association, in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, has recently launched a Patient Safety Tips Campaign.
Patients have an important role to play at each stage of their care and the five safety tips will serve to encourage them to be more involved in their health care.
Your Health Care - Be Involved!
The five Patient Safety Tips are:
- Be involved in your health care. Speak up if you have questions or concerns about your care.
- Tell a member of your health care team about your past illnesses and your current health condition.
- Bring all of your medicines with you when you go to the hospital or to a medical appointment.
- Tell a member of your health care team if you have ever had an allergic or bad reaction to any medicine or food.
- Make sure you know what to do when you go home from the hospital or from your medical appointment.
For more information on the Patient Safety Tips Program, please visit the Ontario Hospital Association's Web site.