Resident Assessment Instrument-Mental Health (RAI-MH)
Starting October 1, 2005, the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care introduced the Ontario Mental Health Reporting System (OMHRS) as the mechanism for mandated mental health reporting. Regular reporting to OMHRS now occurs in 70 facilities across Ontario, including general hospitals with designated adult inpatient mental health beds, as well as specialty psychiatric hospitals and provincial psychiatric hospitals.
In Thunder Bay, this involves the inpatient mental health programs at:
- St Joseph's Care Group - Lakehead Psychiatric Hospital
- Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre
This data system incorporates the Resident Assessment Instrument - Mental Health (RAI-MH) as the standardized means for clinical and administrative data collection. The RAI-MH© version 2.0 instrument is a suite of products comprised of the following components:
- Minimum Data Set - Mental Health (MDS-MH)
- Mental Health Assessment Protocols (MHAPs)
- Quality Applications
- Quality Indicators for Mental Health
- Outcome Measures for Mental Health
- The System for Classification of In-Patient Psychiatry (SCIPP)
As part of this mandate, collected information is submitted on a quarterly basis to the Canadian Institute of Health Information (CIHI).