Group Therapy for Postpartum Mood Disorders
We are piloting a Postpartum Mood Disorders (PPMD) group treatment for women experiencing post-pregnancy changes in their mood and seeking women to participate.
We are offering a weekly group for women experiencing mood changes after baby. Consider taking part and meet other women who are having a similar experience.
Who can attend?
Women who are at least 16 years of age, have given birth in the last 12 months and have had mood changes for greater than 2 weeks.
Mood changes can be:
- Feeling sad or tearful
- Having a loss of interest in previously enjoyed things
- Changes in eating or sleeping habits
- Feeling exhausted but unable to sleep
- Feeling hopeless, overwhelmed, anxious or angry
- Or having trouble bonding with your baby
Women can be referred using the standard St. Joseph's Care Group Mental Health Outpatient Programs (MHOP) referral form indicating "postpartum group" New referrals and current SJCG clients are welcome.
Upon referral, the client will be contacted by a Decision Coach who will set the client up for success and match them with the service needed (straight to PPMD group, individual counselling, etc.)
Women can also self-refer. If there is no following healthcare provider, the Decision Coach can assist the client in this area.
Benefits of taking part
- Meet other women who are having a similar experience
- Have access to other services
- Participants will fill out a questionnaire and receive a $10 gift card
- Childcare and bus tickets are available to participants if needed. Please check with our staff first.