First Stage Assessment & Intervention Urgent Care
First Stage Assessment
- Provides general orientation to MHOP.
- Provides classroom-format educational sessions and therapy groups.
- Provides brief individual treatment sessions (maximum of 6), and referral for additional services if necessary.
Intervention Urgent Care
- A joint service with Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre Mental Health Assessment Team(MHAT) to divert clients from admission to the inpatient Adult Mental Health Unit.
- MHAT nurses assess individuals presenting in Emergency and determine appropriateness for this service.
- If appropriate, clients are given an appointment with a counselor.
- One or two sessions of counselling is offered to stabilize the client and connect the client if needed to other services.