Getting Appropriate Personal & Professional Supports (GAPPS) Program
- GAPPS Program is a collaborative program involving the St. Joseph's Care Group, Canadian Mental Health Association, Alpha Court and the NorWest Community Health Centres.
- The purpose is to identify and respond to the unmet needs of a population of vulnerable persons with very serious, unstable and complex mental illness and addictions issues.
- Outreach workers engage with people who require, but do not appropriately access, health and social services.
- Assistance is provided in navigating health, mental health/addictions and social services including housing to improve overall health and well being of the target group.
- Brief clinical services are provided by Leisure Life Skills Instructors, Nursing and Psychiatry in a less formal setting.